Please help. I am traveling to India in t-minus 16 days, and I am in dire need of some assistance in the wardrobe department. I hear it is hot as Hades there yet I need to stay fairly covered. I suppose that means I can’t wear my skin tight Daisy Dukes and midriff-bearing tube tops that I normally sport in the sweltering heat. What’s a girl to do? Will a toga suffice? Any where I can install fans into my hot spots? Pun intended. Or, do I just suck it up and wear long sleeves and pants? Perhaps, that will help me shed a few, or thousand, pounds. Please advise.
Sweats Like a Fat Man in a Sauna
India Travel Tips for Westerners:
- Vaccinate yourself. Typhoid, Polio, Malaria, Tetanus and Hepatitis B are recommended. Typhoid and Malaria are taken orally. Some malaria pills make like LSD and trip. Be weary of those.
- Always remember right is right, left is wrong i.e. never eat with your left hand. The left hand is used for other things of the down under variety, and we’re not talking about Australia’s down under.
- When in doubt, make like Dave Matthews and “Don’t Drink the Water.” Don’t even brush your teeth with it. Don’t wash your face. Don’t use ice. Don’t open your mouth in the shower. Do the words “poo-kipseed” ring a bell? Ref: Sex and the City the Movie
- No ice means stick to spirits of the beer and wine variety, or serve ‘em up neat.
I’ll keep you abreast of the latest packing trials, tribulations and Indian insights. For now let’s drink a Smoothie with ice and fruit. Because we can.
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped strawberries
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 kiwis, sliced
- 3/4 cup of orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of half and half
- 2 cups of ice
Combine in a blender and puree.