My Dearest Readers –
I am so sorry for the neglect. It’s been nearly two weeks since my last post. I haven’t brought you scrumptiousness like this or that in two whole weeks. Shame on me. You all are so good to me and I’m not returning the favor. Tisk, tisk.
The truth is I really haven’t spent a lot of time in the kitchen. The ‘Puter Hub and I have been extremely busy. Life gets in the way sometimes. I despise excuses and here I am driving down MyDogAteMyHomework highway. Better exit, fast.
Anyway, I promise to fill you in on the Chicken with White BBQ Sauce I prepared a few weeks ago. It was accompanied by the perfect companionship of sweet, sour and salty – a delicious Summer Salad with Green Apple Slices, Candied Walnuts and Gorgonzola Cheese.
We are Mumbai-bound tomorrow. Here are a few more handy travel tips for you India adventurers out there:
- Propel, Airborne and Emergen-C are great for helping the ol’ immune system while traveling. They come in powder form so you don’t have to mess with the dumb liquid issues on the airlines. You pour into water bottles which adds an instant vitamin supplement to your diet.
- Don’t total your husband’s car three days before you leave for India. Your neck will be sore and depending upon whether or not you have side airbags, you might have a head injury. My light was GREEN.
- Thanks to the great automobile technology gods from above for driver side airbags. Thanks, Mom, for always telling me to drive safely. I did my best. I suppose you can’t help the other buffoons on the road.
- Do indulge in a hamburger or five before you leave because you won’t be shoveling the cows in your mouth in India. You’ll be bowing down to them, asking them for forgiveness, saying a few prayers to them as they are sacred. “Eat Mor’ Chicken.”
- Do have a salad, a cold glass of Chardonnay, an iced coffee and some of the luxuries we Americans enjoy most.
- Don’t try to pack 10 pairs of shoes. Your husband will not appreciate it. To my lovely shoes, I apologize for leaving you. I will bring you next time when I have an entourage of twenty to cart you around.
- Bring snacks. We shoved all sorts of crackers, granola bars and nuts throughout our suitcase for afternoon nibbles. Unless you want to take a ride on the Indian detox diet, never eat from an outdoor snack stand. Indian detox is so hot right now. You can lose up to 20 pounds in a matter of minutes!
- Special thanks to my friend who hooked me up with Ambien. Two glasses of wine+one dose of Ambien=10 hours of hopeful unconsciousness on the 15-hour flight. Then, I’ll have five hours to watch movies, eat, read and whatnot. In a perfect world where I LOVE flying and I could SHARE NUPTIALS with flying. Flying and I are BFFs.
- Lastly, wish your mom a Happy Mother’s Day for putting up with all your nonsense all those years. Happy Mother’s Day, Mom! I miss you.
Namaste, friends. Stay tuned as I will be updating you on my world travels frequently … since I am oh-so worldy.